Thread: eddm card
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here...

As far as the design of the card goes, the front does look pretty good. I will say, the top left picture does not fit in well with the others. The other three photos all contain pretty bright colors and that top left one looks very washed out compared to the others. I'm not sure if any of those pictures are yours or not but I would suggest you use your own pictures, it is just better advertising for you and shows your potential customers YOUR work.

From reading a little of this thread, it looks/sounds like you are trying to be more than what you are...as far as advertising services that may be out of your scope. I highly suggest that you try to excel at a couple things first, basic things, like mowing, pruning, spreading mulch, planting, etc. As time goes on and you have done well with those basic things, then move things like fertilizing, landscaping, hardscaping, lighting, etc. You are young and ambitious, which is very good, but don't try to overdo it. You have a very long career ahead of you (should you decide to continue in this industry after high school/college. Take your time to become truly great at what you do and not just okay at it. Have you ever heard the saying, "jack of all trades, master of none"? Like I said, get good at what you do now and as you grow/learn you can start to add more services to your list. Don't advertise services that you can't do yet, even if you plan on subbing them out. If the customer is interested in a service that you don't offer and they happen to ask you about it, then feel free to sub it out, but don't advertise something that you can't do yet.

I'm not knocking you because of your age or anything, but if you don't have experience in a service, don't be offering it. Things take time and add services slowly as you gain experience with them. Nobody is going to hire you to build them a patio if you have never done one before. There are classes out there at various community colleges, conferences, expos, etc to gain a basic knowledge of how to do these things. Once you have the basic knowledge, start small then move to bigger things over time.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds

Page generated in 0.03871 seconds with 7 queries