View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy123 View Post
My primary target neighborhoods have home values averaging in the mid 275K-350K range. It's a new suburb, very clean, etc...

My question is: on a 1-10, how much significance should I place on the appearance of my truck and equipment (equipment only not personal appearance?) I know personal appearance is important but that's not what I'm worried about.

What are your thoughts?

I would give it an 8 always

To me presentation is 15% of the package.

The vehicle, trailer, equipment is important as its a constant advertisement for the business and is the first perception the customer will have of you.

None of it has to be brand new, just maintained and looking professional.

Vehicle - cleaned washed regularly (every couple weeks) no mud covering windows or brake dust caked on the rims.

Trailer - S/b DOT legal always. If some rust forms, a little touch up paint goes along ways. Also, if the transport doesn't take care of the debris inside the trailer, hit it with the blower of an evening.

Equipment (Except handhelds) - Pressure washer, weekly and then dry with blower, don't want water pooling around bearings or on deck. Plus cleaning the cooling fins and pumps will keep them running cooler and help extend the life.

Page generated in 0.03753 seconds with 7 queries