View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSO LAWNEN4CER View Post
Here's what I'm dealing with.The property owner lets her daughter handle her finances.The daughter calls a gives the green light to start the job.Shes asked if I billed hourly.I said yes.I start this past friday.I finish up today.
the total was 14.5hrs. So the mother & daughter meet me at the property this AM. The daughter says when your done,just tell my mother she will give you a check.So I finish up this afternoon. I give the bill/hrs worked and the mother goes into orbit.Sayn she can't afford the bill. She thought it was gonna be in the $30.00 range.(I'm not a 12yr old with a rake)

After talking to the mother,she gives me a check for the bill.Well 2hrs later the daughter leaves a message sayn she stoped payment on the check.How would some of you handle this situation?
Small claims court, you should have a cut and dried case if they didn't ask for an estimate. They also cannot get away with writing you a ck and then stopping payment on it....the judge will frown heavily at that. As long as your pricing is anywhere around reasonable, I think you've got an "open and shut" case.

Last edited by StanWilhite; 01-08-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: clarity

Page generated in 0.03268 seconds with 7 queries