View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking to start a landscaping business in the spring, need tips and pointers!!

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and would love to get as much information as possible regarding starting a landscaping business for the upcoming spring season.

First off I just recently started a snow plowing business this past winter and to my surprise I landed a total of approximately 25 contracts. A few of my clients have asked me about taking care of their lawns this year so it dawned on me....might as well start a landscaping business!!!

I have been reading many of the threads about the do's and dont's of a landscaping company but any additional information would be GREATLY appreciated!

First off, I already have a 1 ton diesel ford, edgers, a blower, rakes, shovels, small push mower, and various other tools that I know I will need. On my list of what I do need is:

-trailer
-zero turn mower
-possibly a riding mower

What else would you all recommend for me to buy?

Also since I am new to the landscaping field, Im not 100% sure on how to price, I know it goes by the hour (around $20-50) but I would like to know what you all are charging.

Also, what do you all think I should do besides cut grass?

Mulch, trim hedges, fertilize?? How do I add that in the total price for the customer?

I know this is alot of questions but any help is GREATLYY appreciated, and if there is any other information that I am missing at all, feel free to let me know so I can grow my business as much as possible in year 1.

Thank you all very much!!

Page generated in 0.03582 seconds with 7 queries