Thread: New Super Duty
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Its not ford but food for thought.

I run 6 chevy gassers for our day to day operations. 2 of the motors are in isuzu npr hd dump trucks. 3 are in 3/4 and 1 ton pickups. One is in a 1500 we use for meetings, estimates, design measure ups, errands, etc.

Every business is different, however I can say this about how we use our trucks. Very reliable, low cost of maintenance, gas is less expensive. We have 10,000 lbs behind our 1 tons at least once a week. They tow the weight just fine. I do live in Louisiana and it is flat as a pancake, so I can't speak to towing through hills. My goal isn't to race off of a stoplight with a loaded trailer, I think that is ridiculous. Sure they're slower than a comparable diesel, but who cares. The HD trucks and isuzus get 9-12 mpg loaded or unloaded.

Ultimately, my trucks are equipment and allow me to make money. For my application, diesels aren't practical because I can do all of my tasks with these gassers and would never recoup the cost of diesel over the long run. The motor and powertrain platform is the last thing on these vehicles that I would wear out.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own a diesel, but my goals and needs are different than some others.

Page generated in 0.03709 seconds with 7 queries