View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Ridin' has the 570. The 570 doesn't have a waist strap, just a chest strap. I have a 580 that I bought in 2011 when they first came out, so it has seen 2 leaf cleanup seasons and one mowing season. The Husky 580 has both a chest strap and a padded hip belt. It does a really nice job of allowing you to transfer the weight to you hips, chest or shoulders depending on preference. I tend to snug the waist strap up pretty good and just use the chest strap to keep the shoulder straps in place. It's an excellent harness system that makes using such a big heavy blower more comfortable than my old Shindaiwa EB630s. It's every bit as nice as found on mountaineering backpacks (I'm a 3,000+ mile backpacker). BTW, I don't know who the models were for their strap sizes but the chest strap is barely long enough to go across my chest and I have a long tail of waist strap. I put up a picture of the 580 harness in this thread...see post #10.http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...hlight=harness

Mine is showing some wear from the blower tube rubbing against it now but not like it's falling apart.
Darryl,

Thanks for the info and link to the pic. I have a similar less padded version of that shoulder strap harness system on a 5 gallon back pack sprayer and I like the stability of having the strap across my chest and waist.

When I'm ready to buy another blower I will give the Husky dealer a call and try one out. I'm glad I chimed in on this thread.., knowledge gained on here has helped me a lot.

Page generated in 0.03738 seconds with 7 queries