View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Excavators and Powerstroke diesels go hand in hand - they're ego things.

If you ever look closely in your travels as you pass by highway construction jobs - you'll see many of the excavators have rental company / lease company stickers on them. if you make it a point to look you'll see what I mean.

I've written on here before about my buddy that owns an excavating company. Has everything from track loaders, dozers, skid steers, rollers, trench compactors, end dumps, etc. But they don't own any excavators! He told me "it's never the right size, either too big or too small, so when we need an excavator we rent one on a monthly basis" (monthly rates are lower).

The problem with used equipment is used equipment can be hard to buy at low prices. This is because much of the used equipment is sold at auction for outlandish prices, loaded into sea containers, and shipped overseas. Heck, I just sold a KTM 50cc dirt bike that is enroute to Bolivia.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.03862 seconds with 7 queries