View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Skid steer options. need help

I am going to make a purchase in the next few months and Im looking for direction on buying a skid steer. I am currently using a tractor and loader to do harley rake work, dirt and landscape work etc.

Ive looked into new (john deere 318D, New holland 218 or gehl 5240e so far) All machines seem comparable in size and price etc. Most are 2 year warranty some a little better than others. All Finance perks are about the same.

Any thoughts on these machines or machines this size?

Ive also looked into used track machines such as a cat 267b, jd 332, etc. All with various hours and year. Most around the 20k mark which is about all I would want to spend on a used machine. Perks would be more power, traction, etc with track set up and possibly a cab. Down side would be maintenance on the used machine, break downs, tracks, no guarantees.
Also if portions were financed I would think you would pay a fairly steep interest rate through local banking institutions.

Last Ive even considered a new mahindra tractor w/ 4 wd and loader about 50 hp. Not a lot of upsides other than the fact that its a little cheaper than a new skid, 5 year warranty, and awesome finance deals. Down falls- less lift capacity, not as agile harley raking. The list goes on.

Again, we do a lot of harley raking and finishing, some dirt work, and of course rock and dirt moving, occasional need for moving pallets of product (fertilize, rock, salt)

All opinions and help are greatly appreciated.

Page generated in 0.04921 seconds with 7 queries