View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see that you're using Google Analytics, so I wonder if you have a Google or Bing Webmaster Tools account? If not, I'd recommend all three.

- I'd tweak your menu. Some read as purely SEO keyword-driven, and less human. "Mowing Omaha" and "Lawn Services Omaha" are examples of this. To human eyes, it's just awkward. Also, when I click "Lawn Services Omaha", it's just a duplicate of your home page. Why is that a menu option, let alone the first? You don't want to potentially frustrate your visitors with needless clicks. You have "Yardcare" and "Lawnmaintenance" as one word.

- Home Page: add in some paragraph line spacing (Actually, go through the site and address these issues). I'd also experiment with font size, bolding, and line spacing. As it is, the condensed, bold green font isn't the easiest for reading bulk content.

- A good example of page consistency and easy readability would be comparing your Services page and Fertilization page. The Services page shows clear delineation and thoughtfulness relating to the key content, whereas the Fertilization page, ostensibly calling for the same visual cues, looks like a mass of bold font. I am pulled to read one, and am pushed away by the other.

- They're linked in all of the previous reviews, but I'd suggest Google and seoMoz's respective Beginners Guide to SEO. Page titles, meta descriptions, image tags, H tags, etc, could all use a going over.

- Your logo is the face of your company's brand name. It's forced into the banner, diminishing it's visual quality. In technical mumbo-jumbo terms... it's all smooshy looking.

- The Mowing Omaha page's font is smaller than the other pages. It looks like there are actually two sizes of font used for content.

- Images: Resize/Optimize them in your favorite photo editor. As they are, they're large (both visually and physically) and forced to fit via the code sizing. Given the hosting issues you're experiencing, it took forever to load the blade sharpening pic.

- Your phone number seems to come and go. I'd suggest adding a consistent contact/business address/service area to every page. The banner would be a prime spot to do so, as well as in the footer.

- After looking at all of your pages, if you use your Services and Lawn Care Reviews page styling, I think that's absolutely the way to go.

Page generated in 0.03473 seconds with 7 queries