View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Why do you say fescue is a no go in the upstate? the key is to keep it overseeded, watered and a strict weed control and fertilizaton program in place. I have accounts that have tall fescue that we do all of the above and they look great year round. I just checked on all the accounts last week and the fescue lawns are in great shape right now, as are the bermuda lawns, I have one account with St Augustine and can't find a solid weed control and fert program. my fert and squirt guy won't touch it. The customer called several of the big guys too and they won't touch it either. Going to try and get someone from Clemson to clue me in.
Bc most of the customers that have fescue will not do all of the above and im not going to do it if they wont do a full program like what you described lol. Do you overseed or topdress Bermuda? Bermuda seed is high as $*%# here. If you can get in touch with George Dickert at the Clemson ext in Spartanburg. Also Carolina Fresh Farms here in town has a schedule for for St. Augustine I believe. I think if you call Ryan he can email it to you or I could grab one for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03245 seconds with 7 queries