View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
HP does not necessarily translate into either mph or cfm. Listen...get it through your head...you're using the wrong cfm number...that is at the housing, not the end of the pipe. Makita reports the same 720 at the housing but also report it at the tube. If you want to believe that they somehow defy the laws of physics and get the same cfm at the tube as at the housing then yes, they are close in power...but the facts don't seem to support that.

From the numbers I have seen the Dolmar does not have comparable power output to the Husky 560. The best indication of the power of the units is a calculation of their power index, which you get by multiplying the cfm by the mph and then dividing by 10,000. So you've got 526 x 195 = 10.25 for the Makita/Dolmar. For the Husky 560 you've got 632 x 232 = 14.7. 14.7/10.25 makes the 560 43% more powerful. Now compare it to the Husky 580/Redmax 8500 with 908 cfm at 206 mph, giving a power index of 18.7...that's 82% more powerful than the Dolmar/Makita. Sorry but there's just no comparison.

I don't care what you buy or what you use but I don't want other people basing their decisions on false criteria. And again...the weight given for the Dolmar/Makita is without the tubes on dude...yeah they're only plastic but they aren't weightless.
"I just bought the Makita BBX7600 recently from Amazon for $399.99 including shipping and it is virtually the same blower as the Robin with the 76.6cc true 4-stroke engine (not 4-mix) which, by the way is really made by Subaru. I wrote a nice review for it. There are different specs quoted by different sellers, it IS a powerful blower so the lower specs quoted are most likely underated. BTW there is no across the board standard method of testing blowers anyway so I would not give much credence to manufacturer specs"by SDK1959

Page generated in 0.03278 seconds with 7 queries