View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671 View Post
I think it also depends on what kind of customer are you after? I may catch some flack for this, but I'm content with 35-40 7-10k sq ft residential lots with upper middle class incomes. I have to look at it this way. A property that is going to bring in $50-$100k a year is going to require a lot of TIME. As a solo operator, if I were to ever lose a client like that (death, relocate due to work, divorce etc) I'd be screwed because now I would have to replace all that income. I think as I said, it all depends on your business model and at least for the foreseeable future, my model which is working great for me at this time is as I stated above. Different strokes for different folks as they say.
Bingo! I knew a very well established company that had three crews and because of the laziness of one crew,he lost half his business overnight and was forced to lay off employees and to sell half of his equipment. He never recovered from those loses and now it's him and just one employee.

The low end to middle class out number the rich by far,so in that regard, I'll stick to the high volume accounts where a few loses won't bankrupt you.

Page generated in 0.03655 seconds with 7 queries