View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
You could use that debate for many instances in the working world. There is almost always an "easier" way to do something.

-Why did you make employees rake loam by hand when you could have use a power rake?
-Why did they have to move wheelbarrows with stone when they could've used a skid steer, who is going to pay for their back issues they might have over time?
-Why did they use a leaf rake when you could've used blowers...who's going to pay for their shoulder surgery they might need?
-Why did you use blowers when you could have used leaf rakes...who is going to pay for their hearing loss from a blower in their ear all day that might happen over the years?
-Why did you make make your office staff use a keyboard instead of speech recognition software, who's going to pay for the treatments for the carpal tunnel syndrome that they might get over the years?

It is the territory that goes along with the job, I'm sure we could come up with examples for any industry. We value our employees greatly, there is no doubt about that. No one is forcing them to work for our company, or in the green industry. It is a choice they have made as employees & we have made as employers. We are not going to run different machines because after many years of operating one of our mowers there is a chance an employee will have bad knees.

What would be worse on the knees/legs/body over the years...operating a walk-behind with a velke or without a velke?
You won't find a Physician who'll claim walking is bad for the body,you might be a little stiff and sore in the morning though but that could also indicate your out of shape.
It would be difficult for me to add up all those miles I've accumulated over the past 10 or plus years walking behind a WB and I'm still going strong,no joint ailments or arthritis nor any surgeries on the scheduling books but has someone mentioned,good topic though.

Page generated in 0.03621 seconds with 7 queries