View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The first thing I put guys on is a Z-turn. When you let go of the walkbehind controls that thing keeps going unless you let off the safety bar and even then that's too late....it will keep going for a few feet. All they have to do to return to neutral on a Z is bring the controls back.
Maybe I'm wrong but I've seen too much stuff messed up and too many accidents or almost accidents out of both. But seems like its easier to have issues with a walkbehind.
The best one I have done so far was jam my hand between a fence and the handles on my turf tracer. I let go and it shot across the strip of grass I was mowing. The machine stopped about 12-15' later because I let go of the safety lever.
As far as cut quality, you can mess up a yard with either machine if not used properly.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.

Page generated in 0.03792 seconds with 7 queries