View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Jack View Post
I"ve been in the transmission business for some 30 plus years and Chevy's by far are a superior transmission than the latter two. Yes they have a few mechanical problems but nothing compared to Ford's and Dodges. When contemplating going diesel,the Dodge Cummings with manual would be the way to go,IMO
not sure i can trust a man who has been in the transmission business for 30 years yet spells cummins with a G...

and although the manual transmissions didn't have near the problems the automatics did, i still wouldn't trust it...the torqshift is a great transmission, many say it's just as good as the allison if not better...it gets very tough to find a truck that has the best of all worlds, some have strong transmission years but bad engines, vice versa, manual vs automatic, reliability, MPG, etc...with my research 2006 seems to be a good year to find, pre emissions...find a lbz duramax with an allison, 5.9 cummins which i think might have been the last year they made it, or the 6.0 which had most of the kinks worked out of it (still the most unreliable out of the big 3 though) but has the torqshift...i personally like ford overall but probably wouldn't buy '04-'07

Last edited by jbell36; 01-14-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Page generated in 0.03621 seconds with 7 queries