View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
Wow good to see the comments I have missed while away on Holiday.

Today was the 1st time ever with The Redwoods in California. Perhaps they will have some secrets to tell me in the coming days about the Soil Food Web............

Sumagreen, I hope you can answer some of the questions as we want a good organic product for our lawns.
Have fun with the Redwoods... The soil food web around those guys should be hundreds of individual eco-systems blended together at various positions in the soil... How deep do the roots go into the ground for a redwood??? couple hundred feet???

Anyways, my only new thought about Sumagreen is that it must have a quick source delivery of N if your problem was excessive growth,,, but the question is long term impact... obviously the microbes are not going to be long term and whether the humic acids are going to stay in sandy soil is 'iffy' at best...

If you add compost, you'll have a long term benefit along with short term feeding frenzy... I've never noticed excessive growth with compost, regardless of the time of season in which it was applied, but I have noticed areas that are greener as a result... and the effect carries over year after year...

Page generated in 0.03254 seconds with 7 queries