Thread: Clay Platelets
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Based on the idea of excellent lawn care, or bedcare for that matter,,, I expect there is a way of doing things better than the way it is being done now...
I find Strong Granular Structures under mulch in the flower beds and I find moderate granular structures in a moist but not over watered lawn when I look under the lawn debris...
I find Platy structures of bare dirt lawns that recieve irrigation that appears to be in excess...
My point to all of this is to help LCOs, interestted in excellent lawns to achieve the excellent soil necessaryto get there...

Enjoy...
"... Grade describes the distinctness of the structure, and is combined with the cohesion of the soil within units compared to the adhesion between individual units. Terms that are used for grade are weak, moderate and strong.

If the structural grade is weak, aggregates are barely observable in the soil profile.

With moderate grade the structural units are well formed and easily distinguished in the soil profile. When disturbed, the aggregates part into a mixture of mostly whole units, some broken units, and some material that is not in structural units. Individual peds will part from adjoining peds somewhat cleanly.

When grade is described as strong the structural units are clearly seen in the profile and shape is easily identified. Peds separate cleanly from other peds and retain their shape when disturbed by shaking. ..."

Page generated in 0.03233 seconds with 7 queries