View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams View Post
There are a few options I think you have:

1.) Walk away from this opportunity. You are not prepared to do this work just yet. I recognize it is the type of work you want to do, but if you experiment or attempt to learn on a client's lawn with no previous experience, no license, and the inability to identify diseases, turf types, etc. then you are asking for a problem.

2.) Crash course cramming. Get licensed, get online and study everything you can about this type of work. Get outside and actually test yourself - look at turf types, diseases, etc. and see if you can identify them and recognize how to treat/repair them. Read the lawn care section of this forum - don't ask questions right away, just read and soak in the information. Go to http://www.weedalert.com as well.

3.) Contact a certified, licensed, insured service provider you feel comfortable with and explain your situation. Develop a relationship with him. Ask him if he will do the work as a subcontractor and make sure you are on site with him - watch him (or his employees), learn from the process.
Thank you. I appreciate everyone's comments and input.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04275 seconds with 7 queries