View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
With the warmer temp do you think its a good idea to put it down now? I have heard of putting it down in Feb and then another app 60days after the my first application.
William,

A couple of things I think you should think about IMHO. The soil temps in our area currently are in the mid to upper 60's according to fawn and have been for awhile now, I am not aware if they have dropped significantly in the last month....with all that said it is my understanding that crabgrass can start germinating when soil temps reach 60 degrees for a week or more. So there is a possibility that the crabgrass has already started to germinate I would guess.

Second, beware of the pre's as if you are not familiar with them or you are not accurate with you application rates you can cause looping which could effect your lawns appearance in a manner which you may not have considered. Myself when I was doing my own lawn found Pre Emergents can be a little tricky.

I am assuming you are doing the application to your own lawn so have you had large issues with CG in the past or why do you feel the need to apply a pre?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.03378 seconds with 7 queries