Thread: conundrum
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
The reason I did the search is I was going to post those pages to unlinked pages except to home on an archive of the newest web page and set up a 301 in google webmaster tools. Now I wonder if I should even bother?
I would. If you have something that's currently working, it will help keep you from losing the ground you've gained. If you have content that's currently part of your total ELS equation, I would absolutely move it and throw a 301 redirect on the old site. You'll also want to keep your url naming the same as the old. Besides helping search bots, this also helps maintain any backlinks you might have.

Quote:
Should I move the content and redirect or no? What are you guys seeing for lawn care / service in Grand Prairie texas?
I'm seeing you for "lawn care", page 1, 4th in the 7-Pack. "Lawn service", I don't have you on the first couple of pages, but see you at the "J" slot in the local results. I personally wouldn't give that up without a fight with the new domain name.

Quote:
Pretty sure elslandscape has some value Godaddy said it was worth between 150 and 500. Almost that much for landscaping.com

I have considered selling them later this year as there are about 3 to 4 other ELS Landscape companies around the country.
I don't imagine there's much value in the name, beyond what another company may be willing to pay to simplify their own naming. You might contact them to see if interested, but only after you can comfortably do so.

Page generated in 0.03948 seconds with 7 queries