View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've been a solo-operator for years now and I don't have to worry about marketting, becuz my customer retention has been stable for most of my adult life... I also do complete care of lawn and landscape, so not only is the lawn mowed meticulously but is growing as a top notch lawn w/out disease issues as well... The landscape beds are healthy vibrant well puned and easy on the eyes...

I record the relevant numbers at the end of each day, and quarterly I go through the check book to assess the sales tax and estimates on the taxable income... I used to spend my off time(winter) working for H&R Block so knowing the relevant numbers to record, keeps my OUT of the office during the season that I'm outdoors, living the dream...

The thing I notice more than anything with other scapers, is their focus is on MONEY right now... My POV is 'excellence now', and the money will always be there... We took on a couple new clients a couple of years ago becuz the wife got bored... keeping employees busy and profitable creates a lot of waste and sends pricing sky-high, which I love... I'm a bargain at 3/4 the charge of employeed LCOs and way overpaid at the same time...

I think LCOs want to be like TGCL for the sake of ego, and really don't enjoy the work the way others do... I love the work and don't want employees, killing my buzz...

Page generated in 0.03713 seconds with 7 queries