View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
A couple of years ago, I worked at migrating my customers to e-invoices, rather than paper invoice. At that time, I was using USPS for all delivery.

I've learned the same thing as you -- e-Invoices get lost in the junk of e-mail IN boxes. We might see lots of junk mail in our mailboxes at the end of the driveway, but the IN box in our e-mail system is often clogged with much more junk. The e-Invoices are getting lost in the shuffle.

The idea sounds great -- quick, easy, a few clicks, and out the door. But, the reality is that the customers are not getting the Invoices as reliably as the USPS, or hand delivery. I am going to try to move more customers back to paper.

I invoice once per month at the end of the month. This last season, I've delivered them on the last visit of the month, in an obvious place that they frequent, or a place we've agreed upon. Often I use masking tape to attach to a back door, storm door, or other obvious place. This seems to work well.

Agreed. I started moving some customers over to emailing of their invoices. Mistake on my part. I spent way too much time chasing payments. Most of my clients are younger and higher end homeowners, so I thought it would work. With mailing invoices I receive most payments within my 14 day terms except for a few stragglers. Everyone is back on paper invoices for next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04106 seconds with 7 queries