View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
and sometimes we need equipment to do the landscaping ....... alot of times we use a small kubotoa 2320 tractor with front end loader to unload the mulch and get it where it needs to go etc , the truck thing will probally only work for small jobs. We do the landscaping seperate from the mowing also never at the same time .......
So if I am reading this correctly, you're trying to use the same trailer that you use for your daily mowing route for when you do landscaping projects as well? I think that's part of the problem. Maybe you're not doing enough landscaping to justify it, I don't know. But most companies would have two different trailers. One for the daily mowing operations and another for landscaping jobs.

We have it set up so that all of our maintenance accounts have enclosed trailers that just contain their mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc. and our landscape construction crews have big dual-axle trailers that are used for that kind of work. So if we need something to haul a Bobcat or something heavy, we use that trailer.

I guess if you're trying to do it all with one trailer, than yah - open trailers is the way to go. But if you can, it's better to have separate trailers for separate jobs/crews. IMO, enclosed trailers are best for maintenance and open dual-axle trailers are best for construction crews.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon

Page generated in 0.03401 seconds with 7 queries