View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Feenan View Post
He's not my buddy JR. Never met the guy. But I did read what he had to say before telling him how to do his job !

He doesn't use a truck for mulch, so he can't "back it up to the beds".

He doesn't use a dump or dump trailer either.

And he wrote that he has enclosed, and open trailers. Before someone told him that his problem was that he only has one kind of trailer.

I'm sure there are lots of guys near you that have great success doing spring cleanups and mowing with landscape trailers. The guy with the broken axle was the one you saw. The rest of us are flyin' around so fast you can't see us !

So you guys in Maine back up on the customers lawn ? And then shovel off a dump ?
I never told him it was a problem to only have one type of trailer. Most of our mulch is on commercial properties and is usually close to the parking lot. For areas away from the parking lot we either use our MTL or wheel it from the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Feenan View Post

I have a friend that uses a Masons dump. He dumps it on the street because he can. He thinks this is somehow speeding him up. Then he shovels it off the street the same way that we do off of our open trailers. But, if we have extra, we don't use it. if he has extra, he either donates it to the homeowner, or shovels it back on his dump. Then he cleans the street.Why ? We are long gone by then, and he paid a heck of a lot more in gas to drive his dump around all day, plus insurance, maintenance, etc.
This was the "buddy" I was referring to

Page generated in 0.03889 seconds with 7 queries