View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams View Post
I am all for the solo-operator - it is a choice and a lifestyle. I am not knocking it by any stretch.

One thing I have always talked about though is the "what-if" scenario, and in this industry, it is a very possible what-if....

What if you get hurt? Break your foot and can't work for 6 weeks?
What if you hurt your back? Many people in this industry have experienced this, myself included.

To be honest, some of the most successful business owners I speak with and work with absolutely HATE this kind of work. They started out doing the work and realized very early on they did not like it, but they liked being in business for themselves, employing and managing people, and providing a needed service people appreciate.

"What if"

Theres risk in in all business, having employees increases risk. Everyones business model is different and thats the beauty of lawncare, solo guys can build a business that suits them and those that choose to get big can tackle that route.
I would think that someone who "hates" this line of work, but was a good salesman could to far better selling cars, no joke.

Good thred, solo or having a large company still beat working for the man anyday

Page generated in 0.03918 seconds with 7 queries