View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
So if I am reading this correctly, you're trying to use the same trailer that you use for your daily mowing route for when you do landscaping projects as well? I think that's part of the problem. Maybe you're not doing enough landscaping to justify it, I don't know. But most companies would have two different trailers. One for the daily mowing operations and another for landscaping jobs.

We have it set up so that all of our maintenance accounts have enclosed trailers that just contain their mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc. and our landscape construction crews have big dual-axle trailers that are used for that kind of work. So if we need something to haul a Bobcat or something heavy, we use that trailer.

I guess if you're trying to do it all with one trailer, than yah - open trailers is the way to go. But if you can, it's better to have separate trailers for separate jobs/crews. IMO, enclosed trailers are best for maintenance and open dual-axle trailers are best for construction crews.
No this is how I do it we have a a couple open trailers for the landscaping and a enclosed trailer for my mowing stuff . pritty much the same way you mentioned it. It would be nice though to be able to do the landscaping all on the same setup.

Page generated in 0.04962 seconds with 7 queries