View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
sorry dude didn't mean to come off that way. I was in a bit of a bad mood when writing all that.

now to sean.

I appreciate where your coming from, BUT......

as I said my billable months are for most clients usually may through november.

I budget just fine with no money physically coming in december through march. I write my budget based on my yearly income, not monthly. in fact even when I worked for others outside of this industry just taking home a weekly paycheck I wrote my budget off of how much I was making in a year not how much I was bringing in each month.

my discipline is well, very good. I have ALWAYS lived below my means, never at or above my means.

investment. well you might have me there. personally I would never bid on a job I couldn't already handle with what I already have. but I do have a nice reserve in the bank. so far in the 7 years I've been in business I've been able to pay for everything with cash up front. I've never made payments on business equipment.

customers. again you might have me. but I have yet to have a client skip payments for reason of it being a large amount. all my non payers have been in the amounts of $200 or less.

sleep. well I sleep great each night. especially in the winter months when I can sleep in most everyday. I know during those months I can just kick back and enjoy the money I worked hard for all season long.

not trying to argue sean. just offering info on the other side. and while yes some of the info offered applies to me personally as a person but not all of it.

I think it's very achievable to be very successful and only have cash flowing 6-9 months out of the year and never have to stretch a buck.
No problem at all. In fact, more people should take pointers from you specifically about financial discipline. It is key to keeping your head above water which then gives you the opportunity to profit, sleep in, kick back and post on lawnsite!

Page generated in 0.04337 seconds with 7 queries