View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
After you've been in business for awhile and you get to be known as a legit company, most people aren't as leary as when your a new company. Suppling references helps a lot to.
I agree, but where I am there are a ton of lawn care/landscaping companies. I'm still discovering them all the time, companies that have been in operation for many years. There are some good sized ones that everyone has heard of, but they account for maybe 5% of the outfits here. I'm just saying that if I've never heard of many of them, chances are that customers haven't either.

Being responsive and acting in a professional manner goes a long way, even if you're new at this. I was in the business world before doing this and dealt with people far more "important" and wealthy than most of those I deal with now, so I come across pretty well. I used to bill out more in a year than I've billed out in the 11 years I've been doing this. Most of my clients were bankers, attorneys, investors and other successful businessmen. If you can walk the walk and talk the talk customers assume you're a legit professional and not some dirt bag with a pickup truck. A lot of it is just how you present yourself.

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 7 queries