View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Jack View Post
Would it not be more efficient in cost savings just to double cut rather than bagging and dumping all the clippings? or is it cuz you have high end cliental that demand this servive?
Cool season grasses we get to double and tipple cut all the time here. The real fun is when you need to double cut while bagging. I know it's hard for some to believe but grass here can grow over a foot in a week. I can cut you on Friday at 3.5 inches come back next Friday and the lawn is 18 inches. It's kind of hard to make that disappear. Now are they all that bad no but enough are to make owning a ZTR with a bagging system a necessity. This may seem warped and a tad mean but we do love coming to a lawn when the lawn next door is being done by walk-behinds and they have half done already and we beat them and leave before them. Always brings a smile to my face watching some one drool.

Now do I care weather you use walk-behinds, standers or ZTRS nope thats every ones personal decision. I just don't like when one side starts claiming moral high ground and claiming they and they alone know the best way to mow a lawn. I never will understand the maneuverability arguments, say my mower is 60 inches and I'm bagging with a trac vac that has a shoot on the side that sticks out about 8 inches. That means anything 6 feet wide or wider I can pull in and back out with out any clippings going anywhere but in my barrel. How is that not maneuverable?

Now on to the ESC handles yes they are better than the pistol grips but only on the hydro, the belt drive mowers with them suck. Yes iv had both and most of my hours were with pistol grips but that said ESC still hurts your hands you can not compare squeezing the grip to simply holding a foam rubber coated control stick. And you can not steer a walk-behind one handed you can with a ZTR and I do it all the time in fall with the other hand holding a rope to keep the leaf plow from buckling.

Page generated in 0.03805 seconds with 7 queries