View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,618
What I do.

First you have to get a EIN number. Employer Identification Number. You will have to do this if you are to have legal employees.

I pay me employee weekly on the last work day of the week. I go to and use the hourly payroll calculator to figure out the withholdings etc. I staple the print out of this that looks like two check stubs to my employee's time sheet he filled out.

My employee has a checking account at my bank. This allows me to transfer the money electronically to him. I have a record of the payment going to his account because the bank maintains my statement. I then have a seperate account which I transfer money to to cover his withholdings as well as my portion. This way when quarterly taxes are due I simply write a check from that account which is fully funded.
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03809 seconds with 8 queries