View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
I recognize that , that is what it is supposed to be all about, but in reality, it has no more understanding of how microbes live in the soil environments than the synthetic fertilizer crowd... the Sumagreen discussion convinced me that understanding microbes is about a superficial and understanding sunshine...
If you have something to offer in regards to Long Term benefits of CT,,,I'd like to hear it... but as it stands right now those microbes will die and their dead bodies, feed the grass... no long term nutrient cycling is even discussed...
Same ol' cliches of "Proper Irrigation and Cultural Practices" that the synthetic people use... That's a generic cliche that has no real meaning,,, but that is all we hear....

Prove me wrong... I would love to be proven wrong so that we can move beyond superficial, soils 101 mentality...
One aspect that newbies to organics find difficult to understand is there is no cookie cutter definition on how many apps are needed per site per year. You may have a new construction lawn that might need "full program" and one that may need 3 applications. Each site should be treated like its own ecosystem, not like everyone else's. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule with things like budget constraints, or customers that want the best looking lawn at all times, regardless of what you recommend to them. You have to learn to adapt and play with the cards your dealt.

Page generated in 0.03572 seconds with 7 queries