View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Bruno
That's a very good post, I started out with a ranger hauling all my gear in the bed, then I bought 5x10 had a the usual stash of trimmers and stuff and a troy built 44" mower, Then I bought my first commercial mower a grandstand, then another 21" if which had to go in the bed of the truck, my poor lil ranger was struggling though, the 3.0 V-6 wasn't cutting it. I found a great deal on an 05 F-150 loaded for 10K so I went for it, it was like going from a VW to a cadilac, I now have a 6.5 x 12 trailer which now has two Standers two 21" and all the usual crap, Sometimes I hate even having this size of setup, wish I was back to my ranger and 5x10, I could zip around and not worry about all the stuff you talked about. I couldn't even imagine going to a 7x16 or bigger, what a pain that would be.
I'm like you in that I've been working off of a 7x16 open with a half ton pulling it and want to go with a 6x12 enclosed for mowing and use the open trailer for landscaping. What's funny is that I find it easier to drive a tractor trailer on the highway than to deal with my current setup on the small residential areas that I go to. I think my biggest hangup is the wheels stick out about a foot wider on each side of the truck.

Page generated in 0.05945 seconds with 7 queries