View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
One aspect that newbies to organics find difficult to understand is there is no cookie cutter definition on how many apps are needed per site per year. You may have a new construction lawn that might need "full program" and one that may need 3 applications. Each site should be treated like its own ecosystem, not like everyone else's. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule with things like budget constraints, or customers that want the best looking lawn at all times, regardless of what you recommend to them. You have to learn to adapt and play with the cards your dealt.
I'm not trying to be offensive so I hope you don't take it that way...

My main concern about what newbies or anyone else understands is what soils do for microbes and what microbes do for soils... you have given us a very typical example of how "Learning About Organic Soil Care" goes...
and you tell me what we've learned from this instruction...
"...no cookie cutter definition on how many apps..."
"... full program... "
"... its own eco system... "
"... learn to adapt ..."

Right now,,, we have no definition in order to judge how many apps,,, of what to use in those apps and why we should chose these particular ingredients for those apps...
No definition of a "Full Program" and why i it Full and on which soils will it work on...
No definition of the Good Eco-system and/or definition of a bad eco-system... How do we tell the difference and what can we do to change it...
Adaptation from What,,, to What???

My complaint about Organics in the New Millenium is that it is just faith in products that automatically do some magic stuff once you figure out the correct number of apps for your particular situation... Soil science is not magic stuff and soils can be built, tilth can be improved and roots can thrive... only question is,,, How's that Done???

Again I hope this helps everyone to understand that "Organics" requires an understanding of the soils and the Food Web book doesn't seem to allow people to manage structure and tilth very effectively...

Page generated in 0.04270 seconds with 7 queries