View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

got it, looks new. 1.5 gallons per minute. jd-9 goes plenty high enough.. may be using it with a chemlawn gun with the blue nozzle at a 1.5 gallon rate for blanket post emergent weed control apps only so i can dry app pre-emergent and fert... wondering if i'll lose much gpm if i add 50ft of hose. hose is 150 ft... i could get by with it on most of the small lawns i do, and bigger lawns i could pull in the driveway to get a central location, however.. with extra 50 ft i'd probally be OK without adding to much.

had to mount it in that location to be able to reach the hose.. not a big deal to real in, i can fit my fert and back pack behind the tank... spreader on the caddy attached to hitch if i don't have my trailer with mowers. for $650, its better than the gas powered backpack i was gonna buy. Its not like i'm gonna outgrow this anytime soon, i could only be so lucky. I have money set aside for bigger equipment when i need it. Truck and all equipment is paid for.. just got my truck title in the mail today, paid that thing off last week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Did you see it in person or is this an emailed photo? Does it actually work? Can you listen over the phone? How much pressure can it maintain? How many gallons per minute do you get? How many gallons per minute is the pump supposed to deliver? After a few years of wear and tear an older battery, and small guage wires--it may put out only 90 percent of factory-new condition. Then subtract 10 percent for each 100 feet friction loss in the hose--which is probably 3/8 inch. Friction loss is much higher if the speed of the fluid through the hose is high--such as when you are trying to get 5 gals per min through a skinny 3/8 hose. I think it may be suitable for 1 gal per minute, not so sure about 2 gal or more. Fine for herbicide.

Later, if you are using it for a nurse tank for your Permagreen, you may need a bigger pump or bilge pump--otherwise refills will be too slow.

Looks like new. The aluminum base will never rust, likewise the stainless tank straps. Hose and red paint are not faded which indicates indoor storage and not too much sunlight.

Can you find a way to raise and rotate the reel so you can pull the hose off the curb side of the truck? Or do you have a van where you can spray out the side door? Electric reel would be helpful. Where do you stand as you are reeling up the hose?
Attached Images

Page generated in 0.04486 seconds with 8 queries