Thread: Clay Platelets
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

"Soil structure is the second most influential characteristic, after texture, in determining the behavior or any given soil. Soils with similar characteristics (vegetation, climate, texture, and depth) but different structure will react differently under similar conditions. Structure influences water infiltration, building site development and growth of plants. When combined with soil texture, structure influences the distribution of soil solids and pore space (called the soil bulk density). ..."

Vegetation, climate, texture, and depth may all be things that are equal,,, but becuz the "Structure" is different, that makes EVERYTHING different...

Funny how that is NOT important on a Professional Lawn/Landscaping Forum... We can't understand why we have some of the problems we have for that very reason... we can't discuss microbials or soil health, intelligently for that very reason... One thing we do very well however, is condescend to someone we don't like and express how dismayed we are that he/she is so unable to understand... or just call them ignorant...

I'm not talking down to anyone,,, just curious if soil structure matters to anyone one this forum...
WHY? ...or... WHY NOT???

Page generated in 0.04211 seconds with 7 queries