View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Finished!!! All 156 pages! I've also taken your advice of "figure out what you are good at...and do A LOT of it" and I have it in my signature. I saw that you had posted it multiple times throughout the course of this thread, it is an absolutely ingenious quote.
JContracting...I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the thread!

I'm glad you mentioned that quote...I say that often and still struggle to follow it at times. I will occasionally get us involved in jobs that really don't fit our typical scope of work, but I take them on anyways. When I do that I often regret it, we rarely make the margins that we should and overall it's just not worth it. It is great to follow. Many of the successful chains follow a very similar philosophy...like Five Guys Burgers...all they sell is Burgers & Fries...no salads, shakes, chicken fingers, subs, pizza etc etc...they found out what they're good & efficient at and they maximize it. There are tons of places like that. It's easy to slip into the trap of being everything to every customer that calls the office. Some people do succeed being a jack of all trades, but it doesn't work for us. Don't become that old saying...Jack of all trades, master of None.

Page generated in 0.03845 seconds with 7 queries