View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairfreak98ss View Post
No, yeah i would need some luck with that! The faucet was only located fairly close to the main line, but 1/2" line, so its limited to about 1/4 of what the full 1" line should provide wide open.

Al Inc. , We're going to T off the main line this week to bring 1" outside, sine right now the 1" line we'll be using is connected to a 1/2" hose bib... obviously not the way to do it,but the construction firm did it temporarily until they had full irrigation installed. Once i get the backflow installed outside, i'll see exactly how much flow they'll have at starting pressure and ending when the pump turns off at 58psi.

We will be running the 1" from the building, ending with heads over 400' away near the street for probably 5-7 of the zones. We've run 3/4" and 1" previously on runs 200-250' , so we'll have water out that far, just concerned about how long everything will need to run, and moreso, that the pump isnt turning on/off constantly since i'm sure the pump will flow for the capability of a 1.5" line, not the 1" line for the irrigation.

It wouldn't kill the job to just run all 1.5" to the valves and everything, but would be considerable work since its all new parking lot and we'd be cutting through new 6" thick pavement in a few places. Rather make it work with the existing 1" they installed underground last year than have the customer incur that expense.
Dont go with starting pressure and end when the pump turns off. Thats not a flow test. You need to empty the storage and see what the well is actualy producing.

Page generated in 0.03771 seconds with 7 queries