View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Actually,,, organic "products" work well,,, in well structured soils, with adequate water and air ratios... If the green is a little bland, it doesn't take much synthetic N and Fe to really brighten it up... in fact, it doesn't take much Milorganite to Brighten it up...

On the flip side, soils that are poorly structured with inadequate water/air ratios require too much soluable N to keep the grass the brite green we all have come to expect...

I have a pet peeve with all this talk about replacement products rather than building fertility in the soil,,, becuz the organic products ARE capable of using in Business...
The only thing that prevents 'organic fert products' from working in the business setting, is the lack of understanding how important soil structure is for these products to become usable CE sites with adequate water/air ratios...

Once that barrier is removed, then we could move onto Growing a Full Lawn, with minimal herbicide usage and once the lawn is Mature,,,, 0 (zero) herbicidal usage... Running aerators should be unnecessary with cool season grasses...

Page generated in 0.03727 seconds with 7 queries