View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Good point Smallaxe - always wondering how much of the "liquid" fert would be lost. We use Nutraflow liquid fert w/slow release. When work pants are white, stiff & crusty -- I figure there's some slow release in there. LOL

2 concerns I have with liquid fert = solar degredation & oxidation.
I've never heard that N would oxidize or succumb to solar degradation... It does 'volatize' or evaporate and 'leach' or wash through the soil into the water tables...

The nice thing about slow release, it shoouldn't volatize during a drought... But then one wouldn't need to fertilize again after the drought... that was more the point I was going after...

I believe that nitrogen burn is real and during the course of a hot dry summer, that it is possible to weaken grass plants enough with excessive N to kill them...
Even though the N applications are 4 weeks apart, when the first application is still extant in the soil we are creating a buildup...

My belief in N burn however is just from watching TGCL do their 6 - 7 apps on nonirrigated sand...

Page generated in 0.03751 seconds with 7 queries