View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
You don't need to work inside the system. Export the data, do the calculations outside the system automatically. You could even set it up so you count the number of deviations in order to set or elevate an alert level. The alert levels determine the level of attention the alert gets based on the zone the alert occurs in. With a comprehensive georeferenced map of the system and installed hardware, determination of work orders based on the level of the alert and the potential problem in the zone would be relatively simple.

Point being, it can be done, and the potential water savings that can be achieved using checks should not be determined by the inability to work the data.
Great idea, one problem is our fluctuating PSI for the irrigation. Since not all of our meters are dedicated irrigation, when testing is going on in a lab at night or a chilling tower is in operation, our PSI is greatly effect. If I had a static PSI that I knew would remain constant on campus, then your idea would be great and I am still going to export the information and see what comes out of it. The problem with exporting it into a spreadsheet is that the zone already ran and the water has been wasted. If I keep the threshold at the 5 GPM and not use the check valves, when a break occurs, the system will shut off and the water will not be wasted. Last year we received only 5 calls of irrigation breaks during the night, 5 calls for the whole season.

Page generated in 0.03232 seconds with 7 queries