View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Spring Aeration and Overseeding

Good afternoon. I am planning a spring aeration and overseeding run in Northern Virginia. Id like to lay my plan out and hear any feedback, advice or criticism. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts on my timing, pricing and marketing.

Basics:
- I will drop 5000 door fliers to homes on 1/4 - 1/3 acre lawns.
- I will drop fliers between Mar. 1st and Mar. 15th
- Fliers will be specifically geared toward the Aeration and Overseeding benefits, process etc. Other than that I will only briefly mention that we are a full service company. The goal of the campaign is to obtain a minimum of 100 lawns, a 2% return rate.
- Fliers will have pricing included based on square feet of the lawn
-- 1/4 acre = $200
-- 1/3 acre = $250
-- 1/2 acre = $380
This pricing reflects $10 per 1000 sqft for the seeding and $7.50 per 1000 sqft for the aeration, to include the cost of seed at 3.5lps per 1000 sqft

So my main questions are...

1) Is March 15th too soon to start performing the services? Should I postpone service till April 1st?
2) Is my pricing accurate? Should I be discounting my rates on the larger lawns?
3) How do you account for irrigated lawns? I am planning on marking sprinkler heads on the Sunday before service is performed, as I need access to the control box (usually inside the garage) to mark the heads and I cant count on homeowners being home during the weekdays.
4) What about sprinkler heads that may be buried/non-functioning and therefore miss being flagged? Can I write a clause in the service contract mitigating my liability in this circumstance?

The contract....

I intend to write and email a service contract that the homeowner can return to me via fax, email or by leaving on their door on the day of service. It will simply outline the services, pricing and my waiver of liability for irrigation heads that were not marked through no fault of my own.
- Is there anything else I should include? Insurance information etc?

Payment....

I will be setup to email bill via quickbooks and can take credit cards via my iphone card reader. Can I bill and charge in conjunction with the contract if they send it over ahead of time or should I simply expect the homeowner to leave a check at the house on the date of service?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Page generated in 0.03423 seconds with 7 queries