View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMastersTx View Post
The real time data collection is done within Calsense program and I am not sure if I have a way of accessing this information while the program is operating. If I was able to have access to each controller during operation then there would not be a problem but I am having to access through a HUB and then LR (low radio frequency) to each controller in the field. The time laps from my computer to a controller is 5-8 seconds. One controller would be possible, but not all 106 controllers unless they were linked to a central database. Calsense's database is on each controller which then sends the information the the server after the data has been collected.

Your method would intrigue central irrigation programmers on being able to handle fluctuating flows/pressure. Have you worked with any central irrigation systems out there?
The data has to be stored somewhere, a central database is the most logical location, and is the easiest to work with and manage as well.

Since you have to work with the hub, then you will probably need to hack the Calsense software to do this. Some type of automated upload/download routine would be needed. Might be worth a call to Calsense engineers to see if they can work it. Might take more than some simple programming though.

My experience with central control at your scale is limited. I'm coming more from a programming/data management/irrigation management/water conservation aspect in this case.

Page generated in 0.03740 seconds with 7 queries