View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Indoor Pots Pictorial

An interesting idea has come up in another thread, that I would imagine many who are looking at 2 more months of desolate frozen tundra, might get into...

There seems to be a great reluctance for people to look at their soils and determine texture, structure and even moisture... All these things are better observed and felt,,, on site by a real human being,,, so I believe that indoor pots/protected soils could give us great visuals as to what makes up a soil... Good, bad, or ugly...

All Season long there are questions popping up about fungal diseases, fertilizers, weed infestations and problems with seeding... One possible answer that is actually the most likely answer, never gets explored, and that is:
the condition of the soil...

Riggle, had the idea of an experiment with pots... I hope he follows through...
but I'm thinking,,, Once people are familiar with soil and how it should be,,, even how it could be,,, then the discussion about Turf problems can take on a "Whole Plant Worldview"... Right now the conversations deal ONLY with the grass leaves and even aeration plugs are too mysterious to comment on...

I think a collection of pix, highlighting interesting features of soil would be most informative... If you notice something interesting in soil,,, post it here...

Page generated in 0.03376 seconds with 7 queries