View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I fear you have misunderstood me. I agree with everything that Sean said. What I find ridiculous is that a person would allow outside influences such as phone calls, bids and other factors to affect the on the job time like that. I've seen it happen too. Job quality is the number one priority for me with keeping costs as low as possible coming in a very close second.
Ok, no problem. But if you are trying to expand and grow you're phone is going to ring and like I said people like instant responese not a day later. That example was the business owner misusing time, not an employee. I want to be the first to meet and give an estimate to someone. Not let anyone else have a chance. That is why I showed the 2 different mentalities. Serving too many masters, wearing too many hats, etc.... is just problematic. Yes you provide the best quality. But if you can't let others do that you're going to limit yourself, in my opinion. I like mowing grass and mulching properties, but not as much as closing deals and meeting people. Maybe that's what makes me different, I can let others do the work. I can take care of my property to get the landscaping bug taken care of....

Page generated in 0.03913 seconds with 7 queries