View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Cuz I don't want to

I just discharge everything and usually double cut at least the front lawn anyway so I essentially am mulching, just not in one pass. If I have a few heavy rows with "hay" on them I can always bag it quick too. Most of my accounts have onsite disposal areas.

I can't see being able to run a closed discharge on most of my lawns without a mulch kit very often, maybe in mid summer. Don't you get a winrow along the discharge side? That's the nice thing about the mulch kits: each blade gets it's own chamber so you get a nice even dispersal of the clippings. I haven't tried the Extreme mulching blades though, just the standard wavy mulchers and Gators.
In the spring time yes i will get that winrow you talk about but only on the heavy irrigated/fertilized ones. Then just open the chute up and then discharge that on the second pass. Most of them have to be double cut anyways. It's still better for me to double cut then bag. Some of the ones i got grow like crazy during the spring and would be alot of grass to haul away.. Now these are subdivision lots i got, if they where bigger i wouldn't worry and would just let the clippings fly.The Extreme's are like the gators but they are Exmarks OEM brand. They work really good i think..

Page generated in 0.03816 seconds with 7 queries