View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
The way your post sounds, you are the big Kahuna at UT so why do contractors dig your stuff up daily?

Put a stop to that by surveying the campus and creating limits.
Posted via Mobile Device
The problem that we have with contractors is that there are so many of them working around campus we are unable to track them all in my department. We rarely receive notice of work being performed on campus if it will take a day to complete. We usually find out work has been done when I receive an alert of a break. Also the heavy equipment on campus due to all the construction. A semi delivering material to a site goes over the curb and crushes a 3/4 inch line, natural gas leak testers drill a hole in concrete parking lot and happen to drill right through our wires in a sleeve, contractor parking in the grass by a project (without landscape permission), I can keep going with stories and that is just with contractors, not including students, tailgaters, drunks, homeless people......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
I literally just walked through most of this campus a week ago. Trying to check out the texas ladies you got down there. It's a nice school and as the irrigation I saw it seemed to be in good shape. Except I hate the warm season grass you have down there. lol. I was in San antonio and took a day trip to austin by myself.

I also checked out the history of texas museum and watched the hobbit in imax next door.
Next time you are in town let me know and I will give you a tour of the campus irrigation. We have a few things on campus that you will never see anywhere else.

Page generated in 0.03591 seconds with 7 queries