View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMastersTx View Post
The problem that we have with contractors is that there are so many of them working around campus we are unable to track them all in my department. We rarely receive notice of work being performed on campus if it will take a day to complete. We usually find out work has been done when I receive an alert of a break. Also the heavy equipment on campus due to all the construction. A semi delivering material to a site goes over the curb and crushes a 3/4 inch line, natural gas leak testers drill a hole in concrete parking lot and happen to drill right through our wires in a sleeve, contractor parking in the grass by a project (without landscape permission), I can keep going with stories and that is just with contractors, not including students, tailgaters, drunks, homeless people......
I can understand that you are the head of your dept. and not the entire campus but many facilities have a constant stream of ongoing projects which they are able to manage without having the damage that you speak of. I believe that you should crunch some damage prevention data, present it to your boss's. There is no excuse for constant damage to the facilities infrastructure. You should not tolarate reckless damage in your areas of responsability.

Quote:
Next time you are in town let me know and I will give you a tour of the campus irrigation. We have a few things on campus that you will never see anywhere else.
Mitchgo gets all the great deals!
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04441 seconds with 7 queries