View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL&T View Post
Proved me wrong? You haven't even done anything yet. Let me see if I can explain it to you another way. Say I'm tired of running my company. Hell, let's make it a lawn care company with, say, 250 accounts. I'm looking for somebody to run it for me. So I advertise for a manager and this 17 year old kid shows up and starts talking about all these great ideas he has. Now I'm thinking WTF, I've got underwear older than this snot nose. So I ask him what he has done that he thinks qualifies him for this job. In his 17 short years what is his track record and experience in running a business of this size or any size. Of course the answer is NOTHING. But he read a few books and has great ideas and talks a great line.

The reason I said that you should get off your ass and do the work yourself is so that you can learn the business. Then in maybe 10 years, when you learn the difference between a walk behind and a zero turn maybe you'll be ready to do the do the CEO thing. Right now, assuming that you get to the point of trying to hire employees they are going to laugh in your face. Nobody that's capable of doing the work you talk about is going to work for a 17 or 18 year old kid who knows zero about the business.

You are typical of the generation today. None of them want's to work. They all want to start at the top and make a million dollars instead of putting their time in and working their way up.

Good luck to you, you're going to need it. Come back in a year if you're still around and let us know how well you're doing.
Are you out of your damn MIND? Turn on the TV, examine the global unemployment rate. Laugh in my face? People WANT jobs and are in desperate need of them. I am merely starting a business and creating a source of JOBS. Isn't that one of the most beautiful things about being an entrepreneur? Oh wait, I guess people would rather LAUGH IN MY FACE then feed their family. Yeah, perfect logic there bud. Absolutely fantastic! I guess in your eyes that young millionaires and billionaires that employ thousands of people got lucky and were in the right place at the right time, yeah?

I'm beginning to think that you got screwed in your career/sole proprietorship by some fast growing company whose founder was a businessman/entrepreneur who had triple your knowledge in business and marketing. And now your venting your insecurities and frustrations out on me for wanting to take the same route he did? Grow up and stop complaining.

Don't you dare tell me that I have to be 30 years old to start a damn business. Sorry pops, but the world's changing. It looks like young entrepreneurs guilty sins of wanting everything right away is making them work smarter and not harder in order to get to where they want to go. Don't get me wrong, I've been working on this for months and it's my first business. I've done heaps of research along with heaps of networking with like minded individual entrepreneurs who UNDERSTAND the business world unlike yourself.

Don't get mad at me for the fact that i am choosing the smarter route and you are choosing the harder route. That's not business, bud. That's just being ignorant and stubborn. Keep complaining while I get ahead in a more efficient route. (Of course that is ONLY if we are talking from a money perspective. If you like the "harder" route and enjoy that type of laid back lifestyle.. ALL the power to you. Just don't try to force it on someone that wants something else. Your starting to sound like one of those religious nuts who come to my door preaching their beliefs on me to convert!)

Cheers

Page generated in 0.03750 seconds with 7 queries