View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pest Control and related services are all pretty simple , so simple a stupid monkey can do it , consider Ric .
Where the challenge lies is with developing and growing a successful business , having the personality that attracts people , not one that pushes people away with ugly personality traits , rudeness , these kind of people never get very far in life and they hold themselves back from their own success. These kind of people spend most of their time alone because no one wants to be around them .

Successful businesses are owned by people that understand how to attract and maintain healthy relationships .

80% of the service type business are about customer relations , pure and simple , well for most people , maybe not for Ric .
Just kidding Ric , Ha Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Depending on your location and pest pressure, I will disagree about the PRETTY SIMPLE for the simpleton. Once you start offering Perimeter pest control you open your self up to structural pest control and call backs when the customer gets bugs of any kind inside the house. German Roaches are real common all over the USA and can spread real easy via Pizza home delivery. They are also very hard to control in most cases. All restaurants will have roaches of some kind once and a while. Pest control of food handling areas is a big business and Eco Lab is a nation wide company that only does Hotels and Restaurants.

Bed Bugs are in the news big time and spreading all over the world due resistances to sodium blocker insecticide including DDT and Pyrethroid. Grain Beetles are part of a group of insects called Pantry Pests and I just treated my own house for them. I bought them at supermarket and they were package in pasta but spread once in my pantry.

My point being while perimeter treatment can help reduce pest pressure, BUT it is not a cure all. You might want to look real hard before you leap into a business that sounds to good to be true.

Page generated in 0.03678 seconds with 7 queries