View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRRITECH View Post
Was told by my dealer that Stihl would not allow sales of this part to anyone other than a licensed dealer.
A lot of Stihl dealers feed you this crap, must be encouraged by Stihl, if not really enforced.

Go back to the dealer who was helpful enough to order you the carb adjustment tool and ask them to order you the "Spare Parts List" for your machines - that's the parts breakdown you are asking about and your dealer can order it for you, even though they certainly don't broadcast that fact. I have the one for the FS90 and it doesn't list the 110, so that must be a different spare parts list.

You should also probably order the "Stihl Series 4180 Powerhead" manual. That covers the FS and FC 90-130 as well as the HL, HT and KM motors. Gives lots of info on troubleshooting, adjustments, etc.

I had to find out about these on my own, go to the dealer and tell him about them and insist he look them up and order them for me. I'm really convinced he didn't know they existed. And I'm also convinced Stihl does their best to encourage this so you have to pay their inflated parts and labor prices.

I don't like Stihl's way of doing business either.

Page generated in 0.03803 seconds with 7 queries